Use code BF10 at checkout (Ends 28th)
Firetopper Pro Acoustic Speaker Firehood, Universal Fit for 6-8" Ceiling Speakers
The Firetopper Pro Acoustic Speaker Firehood has been designed specifically for 6-8" in-ceiling speakers & conforms with the latest IEE and Building Regulations for Fire and Acoustic integrity of ceilings.
The Firetopper Pro also contains a layer of acoustic foam to cut sound leakage into the room above (typical reduction approx 3dB), as well as providing a thermal barrier to prevent heat escaping through the speaker.
Do I need a firehood for my ceiling speaker?
Fire hoods are a requirement for all in-ceiling speakers that are installed in or adjacent to habitable rooms or within a location of access or escape. Cutting large holes in ceilings for in-ceiling speakers destroys the fire barrier and under UK Law the installer is responsible for maintaining that barrier when installing any equipment.
Not only is the Firetopper Pro a fire-safety requirement it also provides some sound insulation preventing as much sound leaking into rooms above. This will naturally give the speaker a bit more depth to the sound quality.
Quick and easy to install - No fixings required!
The Firetopper Pro offers a quicker install time in comparison to similar firehoods. The hood cans also be fixed into place using a bead of mastic/sealant/double-sided sticky tape and the speaker clamps the hood in place.
Firetopper Pro Key Features
- Wrap-around design ensures improved acoustic, fire and thermal performance.
- No Fixings required - Hood is clamped firmly to plasterboard by the speakers swing clamps.
- Triple layer construction. Two intumescent layers encase fire retardent acoustic foam.
- Fire Red indicates to other trades, this is a fire safety product.
- British Standard 476 Parts 21,23 Compliant.
SPECS & DOWNLOADS
Firetopper Pro Acoustic Speaker Firehood
- Max Speaker Cut-Out Size: 300mm
- Max Speaker Height: 185mm
- External Diameter: 360mm
- External Height: 170mm
- Weight: 400g